Friday, June 19, 2009

Cookies & Cartoons

On occasion, my son gets to watch a cartoon on our bed while I shower. Hey ~ quick 7 min. shower can't hurt as our master bath is attached to our bedroom, right? We'll, we've never really had a "problem", but this is what I saw when I walked out of the bathroom to check on him after my shower yesterday:


me: (laugh, or yell?)
B: (noting the internal dilemma Momma is facing): "Umm, this cookie is YUMMY," as he gripped the small ziploc bag with two remaining oatmeal raisin, and gleefully devoured said cookie in hand
me: (opting for peace & putting life in perspective): "B, what happened to the good choices we make for breakfast? Bananas? Yogurt?"
B: "But we are all OUT of bananas, Momma...." (hopeful silence. begins to devour a second cookie)

hey ~ can't blame him for improvising, right??? ;) He usually pushes his breakfast chair over to our counter, climbs up, and grabs his "own" banana from the basket in the a.m.'s. When I returned to the kitchen, I noted the appropriately placed chair. With the lack of bananas, he went for the next easiest thing, one supposes?!?! Hahaha ~ a laugh a day keeps the Dr away!!!

No comments: