Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mutterings of Little People...

I wish that random, spontaneous moments were captured to fully shed light on this little one, his personality & his vernacular. He says two things, appropriately in context and of his own volition, that absolutely SLAY me no matter how many times he uses them. The first is:

"Oh dear"

Note, in toddler talk without the oral motor control, it sounds more like, "o deaw." I can't help but grin everytime I wonder what he's "oh dear"ing...could be anything from a piece of food he's dropped, to something/someone falling or having a blooper...you never know what will prompt it, but it makes me laugh. The second is:

"Good job"

He LOVES to congratulate anyone and everyone (including television characters or himself) on ANYTHING they do that's laudable. Today, this included a brief moment on one of his favorite DVDs, "Little Einstein's Christmas," when the character uses his "Christmas Wish" to help another little character/teammate. We were sitting, snuggling & winding down before we went to his favorite "Red Chair" to read his bedtime stories, when this scene flashed before his eyes. I commented not one breath, when he said, "Good job Rocket! Help Annie!" (or something VERY similar) I loved that he was praising the characters for good behavior, that he had a string of SEVERAL words, and that he recognized the benevolence of his little cartooned friends. Though he does not watch a lot of TV, I guess I can feel less guilty that he does watch it?!?!! :) Maybe we'll make a point to watch it just so I can hear him echo, "Good job!"

No comments: