Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Monkeys & Bananas...

I find it funny the # of times a mention of banana has appeared on this blog, the blog of a self-proclaimed banana-hater! Takes two to make a baby, and clearly, my son did NOT get my banana gene, all the better for it! This morning, he amazed me with his knowledge and did a sign I didn't even KNOW he knew. Our bananas had a tiny little sticker on one of the bananas that I didn't notice when I purchased them. It had a tiny little monkey head, and had a link to some chimp thing on Dole's website. So of course, B proclaims, "WHA IZ ZAT?" and promptly signs monkey to me. Had NO idea he knew, but he's apparently absorbed it right away from his father, who has signing sessions in secret! :) SO we now have a new sign and animal recognition to add to the list, in addition to his other newish sign ~ "grapes", which does symbolize the real thing, but he'll also gladly generalize to other fruit (for watermelon this weekend), and demand "grapes grapes grapes"! At least he knows the difference btw grapes and bananas! Ha!

No comments: